Last week I began my fourth month of serious low-carb high-fat lifestyle. During March, I lowered my average blood glucose from 139 to 127, and my fasting blood glucose from 138 to 128. I lowered my average daily calorie intake from 1470 to 1375. My average daily carb intake went from 49 to 36 grams. My weight decreased from 171.2 lbs. to 168.8 lbs. Not great but every little bit is encouraging.
Based on these numbers, I have set new goals for April of calories 1400, fat 117g, carbohydrates 35g, protein 53g (maximum), and fiber 30g. Percentage goals are 75% fat, 10% carbohydrates, and 15% protein.
I still have frozen shoulder. I still get migraines approximately 15 days out of every 30.
My biggest challenge is still exercise. I only averaged 21 min. daily, where it should be a minimum of 30 minutes. Now that the days are longer, I really have no excuse! Except today when it is raining.
In mid-March, I "attended" a conference call put on by Weimar NEWSTART with the topic of exercise. The presenter confirmed Weimar's belief that 10,000 steps (or 5 miles of walking) daily is required for optimal health. I asked what would be the equivalent of bike/trike riding in either distance or time, and I was told that was not an appropriate question for me to ask. I think because no one really knows for sure! My internet searches on this question have brought me answers just as nebulous. So, if/when I can remember to attach my pedometer on my next trike ride, I'll note how many "steps" get recorded on my usual trip of two times around the mobilehome park. I already know that my typical walk with Barley around 4 blocks is only about 1500 steps and takes 15 minutes. Sure, I know I should double that to get in 30 minutes, but my feet just won't go any farther! My highest steps day was 2888 steps on a Tuesday when we went to Farmers' Market and then shopping at the mall.
Today I'm recovering from a 12-hour migraine which has morphed into a scratchy throat, sneezing, and runny nose. Getting ready for a holiday visit with the kids this afternoon!

No comments:
Post a Comment